Monday, January 15, 2007

I [heart] Twanky!

Twenty points to anyone who gets the reference!

Ok, I know none of you will get it, but it's from "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" which, in my oh-so-humble opinion, is one of the best tv shows ever produced. The gorgeous and sexy Madame Twanky is the *cough* female alter-ego of Michael Hurst (who played Iolaus). The colors in the pin are inspired by the colors and shapes in Iolaus' vest. I made it to represent the Hercules love at the Xena Convention this weekend. I was one of the extremely few people there who were in the Herc camp ;)

Anyway, onto crafty nonsense. I found a pattern for a simple knitted circle in "The Knitters Bible", which is the outermost ring. The middle ring is actually fabric that I found (which I'm hoarding away for one of my other 2007 resolutions: Make a scarf patterned after the patches in Iolaus' vest), and the middle ring is store-bought felt. I used my meak embroidery skills for the words and the outline of the heart, and I needle felted some pretty pink roving into the middle of the heart. (Question: at what point does roving cease to be roving and become felt instead? Would this technically be called felt, since I performed the process of needle felting to get it?)

No comments: